What Services do we Provide?
Psychs at Work(PAW) Provides Medico Legal Employability & Psychological Assessments
Psychological injury is common in the workplace and severely impacts on every aspect of an individual’s life and including work.
Circumstances such as worker’s compensation disputes, Post Traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD), superannuation and income protection disputes, harassment, bullying, injury and injury management etc. can result in long term psychological injury.
As a specialist psychology assessment centre PAW provides assessments conducted by experienced psychologists. Our psychologists are experienced in understanding the connections between psychological factors and work capacity.
Each case is treated individually and objective data is provided for the assessment. Our service ethos is based on
- Independence; there is no affiliation with any other service providers.
- Conducting assessments with integrity; all assessments are conducted with respect and strict conformation with privacy
- Combining best practice methods and communication to involve all key participants
Can we help you with your assessment needs ?
Contact us and discuss your requirements.
Psychological injury can occur in many ways
- It can be associated with physical injury e.g. recurring soft tissue injuries, back injuries, accidents, workplace accidents and negligence etc.
- Bullying, harassment of various types, performance review reactions, discrimination of various types, post- traumatic stress disorders (PTSD)
- Pain as the result of injury or accidents. Pain can trigger stresses that the individual does not have the capacity to cope with.
- Perception of mismanagement of workplace difficulties
When to utilise our services
Our services can be utilised in cases such as
• Personal injury disputes
• Income protection disputes
• Superannuation-Total Permanent Disability(TPD) –claims
• Workers compensation resolution
• Psychological and work related injuries
By choosing PAW your assessment requirements will be capably serviced; the service delivery and methodology are designed to provide objective and communicative assessments.
Features of our services
• Referrals are individually managed and assessed
• Individualized Psychometric testing
• Our procedures provide reliable data
• Assessments are conducted by experienced psychologists who specialize in medico-legal assessments
• Reports are structured, thorough and concise
• Appointments are scheduled to meet the needs of referrers and claimants
Benefits of our services
• Each referral is customised
• Psychometric tests provide objective measurable data
• Independent & Objective Reporting
• Structured reports provide easily accessible information
• Appointments are scheduled to meet referrer and claimant convenience
Types of Assessments
Experience invariably confirms that no two referrals are similar.
We specialise in providing the following assessments
Vocational (Employability) Assessments
Purpose: Often referred to as an ‘employability assessment’ the purpose of this assessment is to review the employability of a claimant following a physical and/or psychological incident. Our approach integrates both physical and psychological factors to determine work suitability.
Modules of this assessment may include vocational reviews, functional assessments , job and skill matching and re-training prospects.
When can this assessment be deployed?
Psychological injury because of
• Post- traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) episodes
• Sexual harassment
• Racial harassment
• Performance review
• General injury incident
• Physical Injuries resulting from accidents or injuries (work related/motor vehicle
Cogent Psychiatric Assessment
Purpose: This assessment collaborates with psychiatric opinion. It provides objective data to support psychiatric assessments.
Our assessments support psychiatric assessments
• By providing psychometric analysis to provide objective data
Working closely with the psychiatrist
Pain Management Assessment
Purpose: This assessment provides provides an analysis of the overall effect of chronic pain. It reviews the impact of pain on an individuals life including employment , family , recreation etc.
This assessment type provides opinion on psychological aspects of pain and the effect on the following
• Degree of disability
• Mental health
• Future employability